DB Cooper Boeing Connection?
By: ERIC ULIS
There are several items that strongly suggest that DB Cooper had some sort of relationship with Boeing at some point in time. The following is a list of items pointing to such a relationship:
- Knowledge of 15 degree flap setting.
- Knowledge that jet could takeoff with the airstairs down. (How does DBC know this? Does this require access to secret information about testing?)
- Knowledge that the jet could open the airstairs in-flight and safely fly with them deployed. (NOTE comments from above regarding such knowledge.)
- Refueling time of the jet.
- Commercially pure titanium, stainless steel and aluminum particles indicate Boeing connection. All of these items are present in the Pratt & Whitney JT8D engine.
- Apparent recognition of Tacoma from the air.
- Knowledge of McChord in relation to SeaTac.
- Fact that DBC apparently planned to jump near Seattle and apparently felt comfortable with the region.